Every month or so I will be writing about environment issues on the learning Centre.
Although the Learning Centre has different types of soil, trees, animals and some bird species than I am used to, the degrading of the land is caused by the same things:
- Timber removed for milling
- Clearing of regrowth
- Gully and sheet erosion due to lack of ground cover caused by the above.
- Rain water running off the property also because of lack of cover
- Evaporation of water occurring due also to lack of cover
- Hoofed animals
- Grazing pressure of above animals
- Compaction of soil due to introduced animals
- Drought becoming more frequent e.g. summers warmer winters colder
- Earth changes
The earth changes are occurring because of our unloving emotions.We are Gods greatest creation and we effect all of the earth’s systems and its creatures.
Nature can and will repair its self, this can take hundreds of years. We wish to help the land to recover by doing it Gods Way just as Jesus and Mary teach:
- Get enough systems so weeds can grow
- Retain all weeds
- Have enough nitrogen in the soil so plants will grow
To do this we need to :
- Keep all rain that falls on the property by slowing down the run off, grass trees and shrub coverage, dams, swales and holes
- Soil fill swales, holes and eroded gullies with organic waste matter and use compost worms to filtrate the soil around taking minerals and nitrogen with them.
- Get intelligence into the soil e.g. seeds have intelligence, they are alive also living creatures, organisms, fungi and mycelium etc
All intelligence needs food, water and a home to live in.
- Weeds are anything that grows, all weeds have intelligence They repair the soil they grow in, they may be prickly and have thorns, so nothing eats them.
- After the soil has repaired its self new plants will grow. A seed will only grow if conditions are right.
Recovery organisms both below soil e.g. worms above soil and insects. More organisms live below the soil than above it.
There are different types of soil:
- Sandy, Rocky and Clay.
- All of these soils are treated differently, clay holds water longer but it also runs off if dry.
- Sandy, the water runs through it but if a clay base will retain water longer.
Decomposition: go into a forest and see all the leaf litter on the floor of the forest, this breaks down feeding the trees and under story plants and because of the shade of the trees and under story plants the rain falls gently through the canopy and wind is reduced, everything is the way God created things to work.
This is the way we hope to restore the Learning Centre.